Digital Marketing Vs Traditional Marketing
Running a smooth business requires running a smooth marketing campaign. But what kind of marketing generates the highest profits? Is it the traditional form of marketing consisting of ads on newspapers, magazines, Televisions and more or will today’s digital marketing be the one for your brands liking.
The history of traditional marketing started with the first ever TV advertisement that was broadcasted in 1941. This revolutionized the art of advertising in the world. Ever since that first advertising, the world now revolves around marketing everywhere.
Running a successful business is not just about choosing the appropriate market or having a high quality product. It’s also about leveraging the right kind of marketing techniques in order to reach out to your target audience and convert them into leads or customers.
Deciding which way to go in terms of marketing is what every business struggles with. With traditional marketing and digital marketing both reaching potential customers.
Let’s define what traditional marketing and digital marketing is and how is one better than the other.
Traditional marketing consists of using the traditional means of advertisement. These include use of print ads on newspapers and magazines. Traditional marketing is the most recognizable form of marketing the world is aware of.
For traditional marketing, most tried marketing techniques come under the following five categories:
- Print (magazines, newspapers, etc.)
- Outdoor (billboards, fliers, etc.)
- Broadcast (TV, radio, etc.)
- Telephone (telemarketing, SMS marketing, etc.)
- Direct Mail (catalogues, postcards, etc.)
Advantages of Traditional Marketing
Traditional marketing does come with a number of advantages at its disposal:
- With traditional marketing, it becomes easier to reach your local audience. Using means like radio and television, you are able to reach the audience locally and get your message across to your targeted audience.
- Traditional marketing brings with itself a sense of familiarity, especially with an older audience as they are already using traditional methods of promotions. It is easier for them to access and get the message without having to deal with the digital interference.
- It has proven to be extremely successful in the past. It is a tried and tested method that has been working successfully for business all around the globe for many years.
- Using the traditional way of marketing allows you to be able to reuse and recycle marketing materials.
The world of digital marketing consists of all marketing efforts that are electronic or on the internet. With the evolving world, the world of digital market is changing everyday thus so is digital marketing. Digital marketing consists of:
- Social media
- Search engines
- Banner ads
- Email marketing
- PPC and SEM marketing
In today’s world, for any business to succeed, digital marketing is become the most important tool.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
- One of the most important benefit of digital advertising comes with the low cost that comes along with it. Marketing via digital platforms allows companies and businesses to save up on their expenses and apply a more affordable technique of advertising.
- Digital marketing is the most effective and measurable way of marketing there is. With analytics by digital marketing, it takes the guess work out of whether your marketing campaign is working or now. This allows for you to measure your success and design your future campaigns accordingly.
- With digital marketing, you can make sure that you are targeting the right audience. It allows you to reach your ideal target customers who will generate the most profit for your business. This can be done with tools like SEO, pay per click and other social media advertising tools.
- No matter what industry your business is in, there is a great chance that the audience you are seeking is already on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram and more. There is no limitation with your reach as it is with traditional marketing, rather it allows you to reach audience miles away within seconds.
When comparing traditional marketing with digital marketing, we can see that both come with their own benefits. However, with such modernized and technologically advanced world, digital marketing is the greatest way to market for your business. It allows you to reach the exact customer base that your business requires as well as give customers the product and service they want without much difficulty.
Oxbridge Digital helps clients with finding the right marketing strategy. If you are looking for ways to market your brand and help build your way up, get in touch with experts at Oxbridge Digital.